Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beauty and the Beasts

Terry Town offers a variety of things that some would consider Beautiful and others may think of them as beasts. This lilac is so unique with its white trim on the flowers. Definitely a beauty.While driving through Itasca we saw the yellow lady slippers in bloom. The pink are yet to bloom. Also a beauty.
Some would consider this as a beauty and others might think of it as a beast.
This Cooper's Hawk is a beast, at least in our campground as he has decimated the small bird population. Last year I could feed birds out of my hand. This year there aren't any.
Here he sits with his latest prey. Note the feathers flying and the little feet of the victim.
I call this last one, "Marilyn's eagle" as she told me she spotted an eagle sitting on a dead tree while driving through Itasca. Look closely and you will see it is not an eagle but a vulture. I have to call this final one also a beast in my classification.



No comments: