Monday, October 18, 2010

Early Morning Frolic

It is amazing the wildlife that shows up in the back yard here. The other morning I saw a splash in the pond and a Kingfisher flew out of the water into the tree.The same morning we saw what we thought was a dog but it turned out to be a coyote. There were two of them, but one was camera shy.

Then this morning we heard Geese and two deer came out of the woods and scared them into the pond.

The two of them began to frolic in the yard; jumping and kicking like two year olds... hmmm.

They put on quite a show.

And they weren't spooked though I opened the door to take pictures.



The Geese even got a front row seat to their antics.

After about five minutes of ....

more goofing around....

they headed back toward the woods....

with a pause for one more frolic...


and scampered back to from where they had come.

A little while later I spotted them in the brush by the pond. I like to think they were celebrating the arrival of Miss Ellie.


No comments: