Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Goosey, goosey, gander!

Sometimes I have been accused of having a weird sense of humor.  In keeping with that accusation, I decided to give some captions to some backyard pictures.  Here is the "Turtle Parade."  Isn't there always some guy who doesn't follow instructions?
This one is "Stare down." Only the GF residents old enough to remember Dewey Berquist, the local weatherman, will get this one.
You want to try one?  I said this was a "Two headed Gander."
And here is "Goose back rides"  I never realized that turtles migrated from the north this way.
But what really caught my attention was how after feeding in the back yard the flock went into the pond and began splashing around and sometimes completely rolling over.
They would take turns thrashing around and flapping their wings and I was amazed at how loud the "thump, thump, thump' of their wings sounded.
I have concluded that it had to be something related to their preening because all the thrashing ended up with a lengthy preening. 


I just wanted you to keep up with the latest excitement from the south country.
You have to admit that it is more exciting than watching paint dry or movers pack!

No comments: