Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer transitions

July 10 was our last Sunday with our congregation in Detroit Lakes where I have been filling in for 13 months.  They have a new pastor and so I am "retired" once again.
Our rascals went back to Texas... boo hoo.  I wanted to get a picture before they left.  It started out pretty well..
But can you get the idea that it deteriorated rather quickly? 
So let's try it without the hats...
Here is an example of why I hate being at the lake during storms.
This giant white pine several hundred years old went down in Itasca park right over the steps that lead from the Douglas Lodge to the boat dock. Imagine the forces that could twist this tree and bring it down.
How many storms had this giant survived only to finally succumb during this one in July? Fortunately, it came down in the night when no one was walking the steps.  Transitions go on in nature and in life. 

No comments: