Friday, August 11, 2017

A Week at the Lake

We have four stackable chairs that look like wicker but are some sort of plastic.  Every time we lift the chairs off we find this guy trying to blend in with the brown color of the seat.  At least six times this summer he has been on the seat of one of the chairs.  I tried shaking him off but he latched on to the chair leg.  I just hope one of these times we don't sit down on him... 
The ruby-throated humming birds give us a lot of pleasure and will soon be gone.
Some dear friends from Detroit Lakes stopped by for lunch on their way to a Blue Grass Festival.
The clouds looked so pretty last night that I had to get a picture at the beach.
This morning the birds were hungry and literally running into each other trying to get some seed.  So I took down the feeder and offered my paw.  They were hungry enough to land, though some were very cautious. 
The red-breasted nuthatch were the most brave.

No comments: