Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Cuzins from California

We have been enjoying the visit of my first cousin and his wife from California who are here for a wedding of a friend.  They were here a year ago as well.
At the last minute we decided to go for lunch at the Arizona Culinary Institute.  The website made it seem we could "walk in" but I guess they wanted reservations, though they didn't appear busy.  They kindly made it work and gave us a tour of the place which we hadn't done before.  We had been there several years ago with ND friends.  I had the pork chop.
The three course meal included a dessert tray to pick from...cheese cake, creme brulee,  chocolate cake, and a trio of samples. 
I decided on the trio.  The school is a French style institute and for $28 K you can enroll for six months and have a 98% placement after.  One current enrollee is a 60 year old retired thoracic surgeon.  I guess she wanted to learn how to cook after eating on the run all her life.
We went for a walk after and ate light the rest of the day.  Fun experience with dear cousins.
Two white herons couldn't get along; it looks like they both wanted to use the same bathroom. {;>)
On our walk I was reminded of a walk in Santa Fe a year ago with my California cousin's older sister...
Do you see the similarity?

No comments: