Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Mountain Hike

Today we met Jerry and Sue from the Steamboat Rock area who came for the wedding and stayed for a few days in Breckenridge. We had breakfast at one of our favorite places - The Butterhorn Bakery in Frisco.
Then we packed a lunch and drove up a mountain for a short hike and lunch overlooking Frisco and the Lake Dillon area.
Cousin Pat and I took pictures... I think they took me along to carry the ice chest.
What a view! I would like a log cabin right here. The brown trees are the result of Pine Beetle infestation which has killed thousands of trees in the forest. We noticed a huge difference just from two years ago when we were last here... I guess there is nothing they can do but let nature take its course.
We ended the day with a hike near the condo by Lake Dillon... what a beautiful day!





No comments: