Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Like Floating on Glass

After a late night thunderstorm I nearly took a shower after I remembered that I hadn't lowered one end of the awning. When I got it lowered while it was pouring down rain, about 30 gallons of water narrowly missed me much to the delight of Marilyn who was taking it all in from the dry side of the window. After such loud thunder and lightning, we awoke to this... a glass like lake so we headed for a kayak ride and a little exploring to Potato Lake.Usually loons are pretty docile creatures... unless an unwanted visitor shows up. Two were cruising in front of us when a third popped up and then the fun began. There were displays of toughness and running through the water before the intruder got the message and submerged. I guess three's a crowd in loon-dom too!
See how tough I am?




No comments: