Thursday morning dawned very chilly, but I got dressed and went for a walk. This thrush had beaten me up and was looking for breakfast on this cholla cactus.
The snow covered everything and lots of tracks in the arroyo showed signs of critters.
I considered sitting down and taking it all in but thought better of it.
I didn't bring boots but it was my hands that were freezing.
But let me end with this note of encouragement... there are huge numbers of robins around so I did some calculating. Since we are about 1400 miles from GF and figuring they fly north about 20 miles a day, that means they should be arriving there in about 70 days... around April 15 so take heart, spring is coming!
The snow covered everything and lots of tracks in the arroyo showed signs of critters.
I considered sitting down and taking it all in but thought better of it.
I didn't bring boots but it was my hands that were freezing.
But let me end with this note of encouragement... there are huge numbers of robins around so I did some calculating. Since we are about 1400 miles from GF and figuring they fly north about 20 miles a day, that means they should be arriving there in about 70 days... around April 15 so take heart, spring is coming! 
1 comment:
Beautiful photos!
Post a Comment