
There isn't much color in the desert right now as it seems dormant, dry, and lacking any color.

The desert flowers are dependent upon rains in the fall and it appears there has been little of that.

How these huge
Saguaros survive from year to year is amazing as they seem able to store water when necessary for the dry years. I have learned that I can't be looking through a viewfinder all the time for fear of running into one of the many prickly shrubs.

Every step has a mishap waiting for the one not paying attention.

I have concluded that the Lord made these desert plants with stickers because if He hadn't, they would all be consumed by the critters for the moisture they contain.

Imagine backing into this baby!

The next series of shots shows what my new little Lumix can do. Do you see the mountain range in the distance? We noticed some green color near the top and wondered what it was.

Looks like it may be shrubs or some kind of plants growing.

A closer look yet shows they may be trees.

And a still closer look on a nearby summit shows that there are trees up there after all. Whew, am I glad for the camera because it saved me a hike all the way up to find out!

We decided these folks had the right idea. Nice vista to wake up to and go to sleep looking at each day. Not sure the campground will be full in July!
No comments:
Post a Comment