Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time at Eagle Lake

The state flower of Minnesota is the Pink Lady slipper.  They are not easily found in the wild but at Itasca State Park they can be seen on popular hiking trails.  Sometimes I think they are planted there for the visitors' enjoyment.  I believe they are some kind of orchid.  Very lovely.
Other wild flowers are still in bloom in our late Spring.
This bridge at Itasca is a favorite of mine.
The "super-moon" made its appearance the other night and I had to experiment with taking moon pictures.  I have never been good at it, but this time I got lucky.  To be fully appreciated you have to imagine that you are outside in Northern Minnesota with the State Bird - the mosquito, buzzing around your head and biting every available square inch of your flesh.  Now isn't the picture better that you know what it took to get?

I took several moon pictures but couldn't get it to focus correctly.  Then I realized that the camera was focusing on a branch hanging in front of the moon, so the moon was out of focus.  I sort of like the effect and call it the "super-branch" photo.
The loons have finally had their chicks.  These proud parents are showing off their two little ones - Leonard and Leonora.  I am not sure if that is the names they chose, but it goes well with their last name - "Loon."


We celebrated 47 years at Chase on the Lake in Walker, Mn.  A beautiful day to wonder where all those years went so quickly.
Sort of makes one happy and grumpy at the same time.

No comments: