Saturday, January 4, 2014

Moving On

After nearly a week in Santa Fe we've moved on further to the Valley of Phoenix.
Before we left, we stopped for a visit of the Cathedral/Basilica of St. Francis, a prominent feature in downtown Santa Fe.
Though Christmas was past, it was still decorated for the holiday.

Designated as a "Minor Basilica" I will let you look up the difference between a Basilica and a Cathedral (I didn't know either).
This monster was coming over the wall in the artists' part of town.  It is not part of the Cathedral but I wanted to include it for the Grandkids.  They would love it.
This of course, has to be Albuquerque. 
Once settled we drove to Fountain Hills... a little community on the northeast edge of Phoenix.
The fountain goes off every hour for 15 minutes and shoots up over 500 feet.
You need to stay on the side where the wind isn't blowing the spray all over you.  Don't ask me how I know.
This horse was really unique and since we have some horse lovers in the family, this is for you.
Recognize this former president?  A couple of his famous quotes were on a plaque nearby.  Here are two of my favorites: "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: if it moves, tax it; it it keeps moving regulate it; and if it stops moving, subsidize it."  One more: "Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."

No comments: