Wednesday, June 25, 2014

As Time Goes By...

I know that the news media thinks the important story of the day is the anniversary of Michael Jackson's passing, but I like to think they forgot to cover the more important anniversary.  More years than I like to think, we were married in Mason City, Iowa, on a sweltering June afternoon on this day.  The years have been more kind to M than me, but I am thankful we are both blessed by good health, and many good friends and family.
Speaking of friends, this group has been together (except one couple who came four years later) since we moved to Grand Forks fresh from seminary in 1972.  They were all young marrieds in their twenties without children when we arrived and now grandchildren and our ailments are the topic of our conversation.  This night brought us together for the celebration of another retirement from 40 years in the work force.  All but two are retired and they seem to be "hold outs" wanting to keep our country from collapsing by their leaving the work force.  Great friends and many great memories.  Thanks, Mel, for the photos, but next time wear your shoes.

No comments: