Monday, December 15, 2014

Great Memories

We have been home a week now and adjusting to the time change and North Dakota's eternal cloudiness this time of year.  Quite a change from sunshine nearly everyday.  The last weekend included a nature walk with the "Excoverer" who loves his vest and is sporting a new compass and morse code light.  We needed to find a place that was "dark" so he could send me signals.  A thick bunch of hedge seemed to work fine. 
Daddy was giving EB her bike riding lesson.  She has not yet mastered the balance and brakes seem to be a foreign concept.  Thank goodness for helmets as she will often just "bail" rather than try the brakes.  I think it is a woman thing as I have seen it in older gals and cars.
The last weekend gave me one more time to enjoy the roar of F-22's overhead in the late afternoon sun.  I never tire of trying to catch them in their antics with my camera.  The late afternoon sun is reflecting off the pilot's helmet as he comes in for his final approach.  (Click on the picture to make it larger)
I wonder what these guys do over the vast expanse of the Pacific when they go out to train.
We enjoyed a sunset meal near the docks the night before we left. 
We had a great time with great hosts and fun with Mack and Ellie.  (Not surprising to me, the next trip is already being planned).  Aloha, till next time.

No comments: