| Last night we arrived for our Spring visit of the Grandkids. We left a fresh coat of snow on the ground. A sure sign that it will be awhile before we see anything that resembles this. |
| One of the things I notice right away in waking in Hawaii is the chorus of birds at sunrise, not a likely sound to be heard at home for some weeks or months. |
| This Red Whiskered Bulbul was getting some nectar from a Royal Poinciana Tree blossom. |
| I love the Plumeria. They come in different shades of color and they all smell wonderful. Traditional Hawaiian Leis are made from the Plumeria. |
| I sure wish they would grow in ND! |
| The Bougainvillea are what I would call showy, don't you agree? |
| Next to the blue flowers they make a beautiful hedge near the Officers Club. |
| I wonder if this sub had been out for a few days exercises or if it had seen an extended duty somewhere in the Pacific. |
| And what would a day on the air force base be without seeing the F-22 Raptors coming in for a landing? |
| But the real reason for our coming to Hawaii wasn't the flowers or the other things the islands are famous for. The real reason for our visit was this guy and his little sister. |
| Some day I suppose, they won't be excited to see Papa and Tutu. But right now they still are, and who wouldn't like to be greeted with their excitement? |
No comments:
Post a Comment