Friday, October 2, 2015

Another Season

Summer has definitely passed and fall quickly has replaced it in the north country.
It was predicted that we would have a spectacular fall color display because of abundant rain this summer.
Unfortunately, though the trees are beautiful, they are not up to snuff... especially compared to last year. 
I think the lack of a hard frost and too much wind, among other reasons, caused the trees to lose their leaves and turn color at different times.
It is a shame that the color lasts such a short time.  But, I look forward for the beautiful display every fall.
The neighbor's park model and new deck are completed.  I was able to help a little with the construction, but would be lost without his knowledge and expertise.
The blood moon eclipse, came and went dodging between high clouds.
This shot of the moon the night before the eclipse is what I was hoping for but didn't see because of the clouds. 
The last hummingbird was spotted getting its final fuel for a long flight south.  Such amazing creatures.  I wonder do they migrate as other birds in flocks?  Do they migrate at night?  So much is unknown about some of these little birds.
We had one last trip to Itasca State Park and its giant Red and White pines for a walk and lunch. 
Can you tell she was an unwilling participant in the picture?  The pedestrian bridge is behind her leading to a second access to Lake Itasca, the source of the Mississippi River.
C-14 at Breeze Campground and RV Resort is buttoned up for another year.  We had a great summer and spent a lot of time here with weekend trips to Detroit Lakes where I have been preaching.  With each passing year it becomes clear how thankful we are for the time we can spend here in God's creation.  On our last morning we were greeted with a Bald Eagle perched on the top of the evergreen right in front of our place as if he was bidding us "farewell" till next year....The doors are closed, the kayak wrapped up, and soon the snow will cover our little cabin in the north country. But Lord willing, we will return. 

No comments: