
A hummingbird checks out M's new plants while a rose-breasted grosbeak chows down on seed at Itasca State Park.

Sunday (6/8) was our first kayak ride of the season on Eagle Lake. We rode by a man-made loon platform where loons often nest since they are very clumsy on shore. We had seen across the lake this site with our binoculars and knew a loon was nesting but as we drove by it appeared we had scared them away. But when I got back to the camper and looked more closely I could see the loon assuming its protective posture of lying flat so as to become invisible. It fooled us but not the camera. (click on it to see the flattened loon) I am hoping to get a picture with the baby loons riding on the parents back, but the loon is hard to get too close to.

1 comment:
Cute pics! Have you seen a lot of hummingbirds?
Post a Comment