Monday, August 25, 2008

A Birthday Dinner fit for a King!

In keeping with Carrie's tradition, and recently followed by her mother, of publishing what we eat, may I present my birthday dinner menu. While many of you, no doubt, were feeling sorry for me, alone with no one to cook for me, and thinking I was probably eating a stale piece of bread or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or worse, had to go out to eat alone on my birthday. To all of you I say, "Wrongo," and present to you my birthday dinner menu fit for a king fixed by my own recently wrinkled dishwater hands. Notice the Sunne Chippe encrusted fresh catch of the day from Eagle Lake, garnished with fresh parsley and some other green thing that smelled good from M's herb garden. Also we have a Red River Valley baked potato with fresh butter; for vegetable we have the very first yellow tomato from TT's garden and accompanying it all is fresh spinach salad with onion, red and green pepper, and a touch of vinegrette dressing. YUM, YUM. Later I shall enjoy the last piece of peach pie alamode sent lovingly along with me after dining with the Andersons last week. Happy Birthday to me indeed! (Click on the picture only if you have already eaten... may create EE ... eating envy)

3 comments:

Vic said...

Wow - looks good to me!! Think you'll have to start cooking more. I am not feeling so guilty anymore since I know you got lots of emails and phone calls today. Love, M

Rob and Carrie said...

That is hilarious. I like the Sunne Chippes. You are becoming so sophisticated in your retirement. I think you are making Mom feel like you don't need her, though :) Maybe have a PB & J tomorrow for dinner.

The Luiken Family said...

Vic- Looks to me that the potato is over-cooked &
the fish looks a bit under-cooked and the pepper
on the tomato is not all that good for your colon
but the salad is perfect! Trust it didn't bother you
in the night. By the way I didn't see what wine you
had selected to go with such a delectable meal.
You really know how to set yourself up for future
birthday absences.
Anyway I think Deane would be very proud of you
like she always was. She really liked you better
than me anyway! Noerm