Friday, March 14, 2014

Different from last time

Life is full of change, isn't it?   It seems nothing stays the same.  Take for instance, how the Freedom Tower looked last December.
It was all decorated up for Christmas.  This time, it was it's normal self.  Still quite an imposing structure proclaiming Freedom on the Hickam Air Force Base.
I never cease to be amazed at the beautiful trees on this base.  Quite different from Grand Forks.
Not only are the trees beautiful but the skies alternate from crystal clear to beautiful clouds, to a quick rain shower and back to a gorgeous sunset.  All it one day.
Another thing that changed from December is that the Grands both seem bigger and taller.   And they both have bikes.  What didn't change?  Their identical smiles. 

Peanut, as I call her, hasn't changed in that she likes to jabber when I am taking pictures and not look at the camera.
She really doesn't care that I want her to look at the camera, but reluctantly concedes my repeated request with her own unique pose.
Her Daddy has a new nickname for her since we were here last, so that has changed.  He calls her "Cheese."  As in "Mack 'n Cheese."  Cute.  She isn't impressed.
With the bicycles also comes the helmets, of course.  I wonder how we survived childhood without them as I remember sometimes going over the handle bars head first and crashing into each other at high speed.  Change.  Nothing stays the same... some for the better and some not.

No comments: