Sunday, March 17, 2013

How Did He Know?

We spent a couple of days in the Waikiki Beach area.  How about the size of that Shave Ice? 
Recently I had a little problem with too much sun on my neck, so I thought it wise to get a good hat for sun protection on the beach.  And what better place to shop than next to the busy Waikiki beach?
I found one that fit the bill (pun intended), and the second (no kidding) I stepped out on the street from the store wearing my new hat a man said, "Nice hat, are you from Canada, eh?"  I thought it amazing that he had come so close to guessing the origin of our home, so I replied, "No, I am from North Dakota just 70 miles from Canada."
He quickly added, "That was going to be my second guess."  How did he know?
Well, by now I was impressed at his ability to peg where we were from. 
As we kept walking down the street, he followed along right behind us.
When we got to the cross walk, he was right behind me with one more question.
His final question convinced me that maybe he wasn't quite the man with the extraordinary powers I had thought.  He asked, "Are you on your honeymoon?"
How did he know?

No comments: