Tuesday, July 2, 2013

So Smart

I am pretty sure that my last post didn't fool anyone.  I am not, as the title of the blog indicated, in Western Minnesota.  I am farther west than that.
I arrived Saturday night to the land where you have to protect your nose while walking past this beauty.
And where even the birds seem to flaunt their color.  I would hate to be an English Sparrow over here.
And did I mention the flowers?  More seem to be blooming than in March when we were last here.


The day began with an early morning trip to the beach... a favorite... Ko Olina Beach.  No, we didn't have it all to ourselves though it looks like it.
A quick set up of the beach umbrella (which soon got put away when the Beach Police informed me that they were not allowed because they blow away and hurt others).  I wanted to say, "Like where are the others?"  But I complied.
A quick slathering of sunscreen and it was off to the ocean.
Mommy had a moment of relaxation... but just a moment.
The two beach combers who wouldn't put a toe in the water in March have grown to like it.
You can see why this a favorite spot.  The Grands are on the beach in front of the hotel.
How did I change the colors of the flowers in the foreground, you ask.  I'm not tellin'.
Swimming lessons and a trip to Kauai seemed to have taken the fear of the water away from these two.
It didn't take the fear from me when the waves (though very small in the protected beach) would nearly swamp the little one and toss her around.
But being in the water so long is boring.  So the day ended with Grandson riding a mattress down the stairwell like a surfboard.  Not my idea, I swear.

No comments: