Sunday, July 14, 2013

When Birthdays are still fun

I don't recall many birthday parties for me when I was growing up.  Maybe it was because I was the last of the four boys.  Not that I mind, but jus' sayin'.  But today when you are young or have youngin's around, birthday parties can be fun.  Especially when you can celebrate with a pirate and a princess.  The sight of the cake was enough to keep them in anticipation for most of the day!
Tutu sent little gifts for the kids so I wrapped them up so they could have something to open too.

That's because the birthday was for Mommy.  Her gifts were little things I could pack in a suitcase, not that she would have gotten big things if I hadn't come to Hawaii, but you get the idea.  Again Tutu provided the wrap and the kids were just as surprised to see what "they gave Mommy" as Mommy was.
We spent the morning at Kailua Beach where the sand is a fine as talcum powder and the winds blow the hair in your eyes... that is, if you have hair.
I hope these young ones will have some memory of living on an island and enjoying the sun and the waves.
Happy Birthday to the best daughter anyone could ask for!  A fun day to share with the little family in Hawaii... and the cake was good too!

No comments: