Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall Falls Quickly at Eagle Lake

Fall comes quickly at Eagle Lake in Northern Minnesota.  This beautiful sunrise was a prelude to the Fall colors that abound near our campsite.
It only took a few days for this Maple on the golf course to go from this...
to this.
We found a beautiful lane on the way to Beauty Lake and though it was cloudy, the colors were spectacular.
The Swans were enjoying rest after raising their young and before they head to warmer climes.
I am amazed at the colors Maple trees can become.  There are brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows.  I took a lot of pictures on this lane because the Fall is nearing its peak in Northern Minnesota.
Some trees are both red and yellow.




Pictures just don't do the beauty justice.  I only wish that the color stayed around a little while longer.  A few more days, a little wind and rain, and the beauty of this Fall will turn into the bleak of winter.  We close our cabin the end of September and will open again, Lord willing, in May.

No comments: