Sunday, September 28, 2014

Another Season Ends

On our last trip to the lake we stopped for a season ending drive through Itasca State Park.
We were fortunate to have reached the peak of the color in this area.  In a couple of days the leaves have fallen and some trees are bare.
Such beautiful Red and White Pine trees sprinkled with colorful Maples.





We stopped by the hundred foot fire tower.  M was not game, but I slowly plodded to the top.  Can you see it in the background?
It was fun to get an eagle's view of the woods, though the higher I went, the more the tower shook.

I convinced myself that it was safe... they wouldn't let you climb it if it wasn't safe, right?
I am amazed that my sense of location is gone when I get to altitude.  I would never make a cross country pilot.
It was a beautiful day for a hike in the woods of Northern Minnesota with my favorite hiking partner.  So another season ends for us at the lake.  Always too short.

No comments: